Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Motivation to Start Isagenix (Writing Challenge - Day 9)

Well, it's Sunday. It's day 4 of Isagenix and Day 9 of my Writing Challenge. I have to tell you that today I feel good. I won't go as far as to say I feel great because I still have a sore throat and my head is still a bit foggy. But I feel GOOD. I feel positive. So, I though today would be a good day to write about my motivations and my previous challenges.

I haven't always been overweight. Most of my childhood I was average size. It wasn't until high school that I started to gain weight. At first I was just chubby (the good Lord knows I hate this word). Then in college the weight just started to pile on, eventually I went from overweight to obese while pregnant with my first child. Between my first and second child I managed to lose weight and keep it off. I felt amazing and looked pretty good. Then I got pregnant with my second and third children and haven't been able to really stick with anything for long. I've had some good runs, some almost there's, but ultimately I've ended up being overweight and at the heaviest I've ever been. I've been overweight for about half of my life and definitely most of my adult life.

Here's the thing. While I was growing up I always saw myself as fat. I saw myself as ugly, unlovable and stupid. It's taken me a lot of years to finally see myself as pretty - to know that I am smart. Did you know that I never went to university because I didn't think I was smart enough? How sad is that?

For nearly ten years I've been with a man who loves me no matter what size I am but it's only been within the last year that I've been able to say I love myself and mean it.

Food has been my comfort in life. Food's always been there for me. It's never judged me. I would eat when I was stressed, or happy, or sad, or angry, or bored. Whatever emotion I was feeling I would eat.

One of my biggest challenges has been how to eat vegetables with a house full of picky eaters. It just became easier to not eat veggies. The thing is I enjoy eating vegetables. I just got into the bad habit of not eating them.

Now that I’ve worked on my emotional well-being I no longer need food for comfort. However, I’ve been doing the same thing for so long it's really difficult to break the cycle.

I've tried counting points, counting calories, intermittent fasting, fad diets - you name it. I have a few before pictures and zero after pictures. I'm really good at starting diets and really bad at sticking with them. I always start the same way - "This time feels different."  "This will be the one that works." And then exhaustion sets in or old habits take over and I'm right back where I started.   

This is where Isagenix comes in. I’ve seen friends’ lives transformed. I’ve seen this vitality and rejuvenation in them and it has sparked a fire within me. I want what they have. I want so much energy that my husband and kids have to keep up with me.

There’s a new life out there that's just waiting for me to wake up and join the race.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe