Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 15: Rank Those Priorities (Chapter Five)

This post is part of the Balanced challenge with Tricia Goyer—and you can join, too!

At the end of chapter five, there’s a ranking system to help you form your calendar before you fill it. Using the ranking system, revamp your calendar, then take a picture of it to post on your blog. Write a few sentences about what you’re giving up to fill instead with what’s truly important.

It took me quite a while but I managed to put together a schedule. I usually fly by the seat of my pants. And I can tell you it's not working. So, when putting together a calendar for this challenge I really thought about how I want my days to look.




First things first. I have to work. If I have to work then I have to get ready to go to work. I love how Tricia gives examples of each rank and that bible study and prayer are thing that you have to do. And she's right. Can I go to bed at a decent time so I can get up 30 minutes early? God willing, I'm going to give it a try this week!

I often struggle with getting sidetracked and losing track of the time so the kids don't always go to bed at their allotted bedtime. I included time for each child to get ready 15 min before bedtime.

I want to read the bible with the kids but I always put it off. So, in being realistic my goal is to do this with the children twice a week.

I'm sure my calendar will change and grow, but this is a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe