Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18: Make Today Amazing (Chapter Eight)

This post is part of the Balanced challenge with Tricia Goyer—and you can join, too!

Take one of my tips to make today amazing (toward the end of the chapter in Balanced) and implement it today. Did you notice a difference in your attitude? What changed? Blog about it!

Oh, Tricia continues to stretch my limits with the Balanced Challenge. I'm expecting that monthly visitor and it's been quite difficult with today's challenge. Here are the highlights:
  • I sang Psalm 51 while in the shower. I actually sang it off and on throughout the day. It's such a blessing to have a song of God in my heart!
  • I had a nap in my car. Yes, this was a highlight. It was quiet, peaceful, and warm (heated seats).
  • I took a few minutes to listen to Furious by Jeremy Riddle (Bethel Church). Okay I played a couple of versions and replayed them a couple of times. God loves us furiously!  
  • I took a few minutes to lay on the couch with my head on my husband's lap.
  • I hugged each of my children and told them I love them
  • My kids put away their clothes and the boys did the dishes!
  • My daughter and I had a mini dance party
The mini dance party is really what made my day truly awesome! May I suggest your own mini dance party?
 
 
 
Here's what I was singing in the shower this morning:
 
Have Mercy on Me, O God
Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin
You cleanse me from my sin
 
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy,
the joy of your salvation.
 
O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise
O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe