Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In Need of a Nutrition Makeover?

foodImage by -Dreamflow- via Flickr
As I sat alone at the table I started to feel really uncomfortable. I felt as though there was something else I should be doing instead of just eating. Does anyone else have that problem? Or are you like me and prefer eating in front of the tv, computer or while reading something? 

Although, I have to admit, I have a hard time with silence. Is it because as a mom there isn't a whole lot of stillness in my day? Or, is it because tv, computers, radios, are all so prevalent in the world today? I'm inclined to think, for me, it's being a parent and having three kids. My house is never quiet. 

How does one get comfortable sitting at the table to eat? I know that may sound strange, but I know a lot of people that mostly eat in front of the tv. Yes, I'm one of them. While I'm asking questions...how do you give your eating habits a makeover? I'm so used to grabbing food when I'm stressed out that I default to it. I won't even realize it at first, or worse I'll realize what I'm doing and do it anyway...sigh. 

This week my goal is to eat every meal at the table and to try and find a way to feel comfortable doing it.  Although, my biggest goal for the week is to get my life organized. That includes the house, my eating habits and weight training as well as whatever projects I need to finish. 

Have you ever noticed when your head is cluttered so is your house? I've found when I declutter and clean the house it's easier to focus on the things I really need to get done. 

Here's to taking life by the gonads and getting things done! 

Yes...I said gonads!  =)

Can't get enough of Being eLLe?
Connect with Being eLLe on Twitter at , Facebook and Google+.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe