Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Race Is On

Well,Wednesday night was our annual GEMS and Cadets Pine Car Races. Each of the kids designs their own car and then everyone gets together and races. This is always a huge event, lots of people and so much excitement.

I let my husband go out, so my mother in law came with the kids and I. She took care of Riley while Dale and Joey played with their cars and friends. At one point my mum in law took Riley outside for a walk...I should be more specific...Riley took her Nana for a long walk! Apparently, it took a while to coax her back toward the church.

I had a great time announcing the racers of each race. It's funny because I was always afraid of public speaking and now you can't shut me up!

The night dragged a bit near the end with the last of the heat races. Finally it was time for the awards to be announced. Dale won 3rd place for the Best Looking Car on the boys side. We didn't stay past this as it was already 9:30! 

All in all a good time was had by all. Oh, I forgot to mention my pink car that looked a little like a phone receiver was probably the slowest car on the track! How embarrassing! Ah but it was all in good fun!


Here are some of the pictures:


Here's the beginning of the track

My boys, Dale and Joey, hamming it up

Here's Riley. Look at all that hair? Isn't she adorable?

Dale receiving his trophy for 3rd Place - Best Looking Car

Joey misappropriated Counselor Ron's jeep. I'm pretty sure he was only supposed to have it for the races. 

Dale with his car and trophy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe