Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Superstar Workout

First time using 25 lbs plates (75 lbs).
Best Workout Ever!!!!!! What a great way to end week 3!!! I lifted 75 lbs! This was the first time I've ever used my large 25 lbs plates. I'm so excited and proud of myself I had to do a little dance when I was finished! I never thought I'd ever be able to lift 75 lbs. I do see that I really need better equipment if I'm going to continue lifting heavy.

It was quite a challenge getting 75 lbs up and over my head. I looked at the prices of power cages and they certainly aren't cheap, though I'm sure they're worth the money. At this point I'm not sure what I'll end up with but I'll keep looking around. 

Here is tonight's workout:

Barbell Squat: 5 sets of 75 lbs x 6 reps
NOTE: I'm a superstar!!! 

Parallel Dip (Weighted Bench Dip): 5 sets of 6 reps
NOTE: Still challenging but went a lot better than the first 2 weeks.

Bent-over Barbell Row: 5 sets of 75 lbs x 6 reps
NOTE: I'm a superstar!!! 

So, next week is my deload week, where I lift 70% of this week's weight. At the end of next week I will take a progress picture and weigh myself. I'll probably take measurements too since I haven't done that in a long time. Well I'm off to shower and grab a snack. Have a great night peeps!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe