Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Archnemesis - Reverse Barbell Lunge

BarbellImage via Wikipedia
Thank Goodness It's Friday!!

As you know I missed Tuesday's workout but made up for it Wednesday, I briefly considered working out yesterday but knew that would be overdoing it. So, I shifted this week to Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

As promised I finally decided on my next training program. I decided I like simplicity and I'll be doing the Beautiful Badass K.I.S.S. Total Body program. I'll still be working out 3 days per week instead of 5 sets of 6 reps I'll be doing 2x5 (heavy), 2x10 (light). It's an 8 week program, although I can continue on with it beyond the 2 months. If I'm able to purchase some new equipment I'll probably look at another plan. I will finish the phase before moving on.

Here is today's workout:

Reverse Barbell Lunge: 5 sets of 55 lbs x 6 reps
NOTE: I have a love hate relationship with lunges...I love that they work so many muscles, especially my glutes, but I hate doing them. I still struggle a bit with my balance and I find any exercise that is done on each side just feels like yo're doing so much more.

Push-up: 5 sets of 6 reps
NOTE: As usual I did knee push-ups. To test myself I did 3 real push-ups although I wasn't able to go all the to the floor.

Inverted Row: 5 sets of 6 reps
NOTE: Same as last week.

Side Plank: 2 x 20 seconds and 1 x 15 seconds
NOTE: I used an actual timer..this was a major struggle today.

I'm gonna sign off for now, I'm really very tired tonight. Have a good night!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe