Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

From Failure to Superwoman

Superwoman (Kristin Wells). Art by Gil Kane, 1983.Image via Wikipedia
This has not been my best week for nutrition and fitness. I skipped yesterday's workout to visit with a girl friend I don't get to hang out with often. I figured I'd just workout today instead...only today my temper is at an all time high. I think it's been a culmination of stress that's just built up to this extreme frustration. If you've ever lived pay to pay you'll know what I'm talking about. While we technically had food to eat, it felt as though there wasn't. Of course, the first thing you do when you finally have money is over-spend on food...or at least I do.

Thinking back I think week 3 has always been where things start to go wrong. I seem to let obstacles get in the way. Well, not this time. Even though I really didn't feel like it I made sure to work out. I have to tell you I feel 1000 times better! Logically I knew I would feel better but still couldn't bring myself to work out earlier in the day. 


At 7 pm my husband bathed the kids and I worked out. When I was putting the plates on the barbell I decided to add more than 5 lbs. It's amazing what 10 lbs can do for a girl's morale! I'm feeling like superwoman now that I've finished my workout!

Here is tonight's workout:

Deadlift: 5 sets of 70 lbs x 6 reps
NOTE: Last week my deadlift was 60 lbs

Chin-ups: 5 sets of 6 reps
NOTE: I'm in love with the newly forming muscles in my arms! My forearms are solid, my biceps are curvy and getting harder. Who knew I could be such a geek with weight lifting!!! FYI - I'm still not able to do a full chin-up, I'm still doing my version.

Standing Overhead Press: 5 sets of 55 lbs x 6 reps
NOTE: Added 10 lbs, last week I was lifting 45 lbs.

Plank: 3 x 25 seconds ( the last one was 27 seconds)
NOTE: Previously I was counting - this time I used an actual timer so I'm quite pleased that I can do 25 full seconds!!!!

I haven't decided which program I'll be doing once my 4 weeks of Phase 1 are over. Stay tuned I will make that decision this week. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe