Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, July 4, 2011

A mishmash of random thoughts

Exterior of a typical Sobeys store, pre-"...Image via Wikipedia
Sigh...it's been one of those days. The kind where all you want to do is crawl into bed and wake up tomorrow. It's been a long weekend which has been both good and bad. As usual it's the last few days before payday and we're completely tapped out. We managed to scrounge up enough food to scrape by but payday is TOMORROW...not today. In fact I'll be staying up till midnight to go get groceries...thank you 24 hour Sobey's!!
Today was our great aunt's funeral, I think the service was really nice - the parts I could hear and understand. The funeral was in a French Catholic church. I was excited when I realized the service would also include English (I was certain the whole thing would be in French). Then I realized I couldn't understand the English either - no I wasn't having a stroke or an episode -  the speaker system wasn't very good and everything came out distorted. The only thing I heard clearly was the minister clearing his throat. The cemetery was short but sweet and the lunch after was nice. Auntie Margaret lived to be 99 years old. She lived a good long life. I'm going to miss her lots, but I know she's happier where she is now. I'm sure she's smiling down on us.
Riley is at that age where she refuses to nap...I can't even get her to fall asleep watching tv anymore. She's also at the age where she really wants to assert herself so there's been a lot of yelling lately. When she really throws a fit she stomps up the stairs slams her bedroom door, opens it up sticks her tongue out making a raspberry noise and slams the door again...all the while screaming at the top of her lungs. Man, I just don't know where she gets it from....lol.
I have to say one of the biggest pluses to being laid off in February is that I've gotten to know my neighbors better. In fact, I've gotten to know a couple ladies really well and I'm honored to call them friends. I haven't stayed anywhere long enough to really get to know people since I was a kid. You should see our area when we all get together. It's a complete obstacle course to maneuver through our sidewalks. There's usually 3 trikes, a gaggle of boys beyblading, pieces of sidewalk chalk strewn about, and lawn chairs on any given lawn - depending on the time of day and where the shade is. It's a riot and I love it! This morning I strolled over to one neighbors yard and joined her and her family for breakfast - yes I was still in my pjs. It doesn't get much better than that! I guess my point is...life is better when you GET TO KNOW the people around you! On that note I've realized I still haven't had supper. I'm gonna go warm up some fajitas my neighbor gave me. Thanks Mel!!
Join me tomorrow when I decide which Beautiful Badass program I'll be doing once I've completed week 4!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe