Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Shoes!

Well, I bought new shoes from The Running Room. The staff was so helpful and didn't make me feel like I don't belong. It also didn't take me very long! I went on my 30 minute lunch break. I tried on 4 pairs of shoes, and ended up with Brooks Trance 8. I've got 30 days to try my new shoes as long as I don't wear them outside. So, I paid for a month at Walter Baker to use the treadmill and work in my new shoes.
I went to the gym last night after dinner to do Day 4 from my 3 week guide. I was not able to run for 2 minutes, but I was able to follow day 2 with the 1/1 for 10. So I ran for 5 minutes! They suggest if you can run for 2 minutes to try running at a slower pace, so I'll give that a try today.

The new shoes are a lot better than I've previously had. I think I still have to get used to them and to find the right tightness of the laces. Overall they're the best fit I've probably ever had in a running shoe! I finally let go of my shoe cheapness and went with the best fit. I admit it hurt a lot to pay $180 for a pair of shoes! If I really want to give running my best shot, get in shape and lose weight I've got to invest in a decent pair of shoes. It's easy to not work hard if your feet hurt.

Excerpt from 3 Weeks to a 30-Minute Running Habit
Today's run: Warm up with a 5-10 minute walk. Run 2/1 x5. Then, run 1/1 x5. (Run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute for 5 times for a total of 15 minutes. Keep running, but change to running 1 minute, walking 1 minute for another 5 more times. Your overall total time for the run, not counting your warm-up and cool-down is 25 minutes.) Cool down with a 5-10 minute walk. Don't worry if running two minutes at a time feels difficult. It will get easier! You just need to stick with it.


Trackname: Day 4

Date: Friday Mar. 19, 2010 19:16 pm

Distance: 2.98 mi

Duration: 00:30:17
Exercise Type: Running
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe