Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Becoming a Beautiful Badass

barbellImage by undergroundbastard via Flickr
It's been about a month since my last post. I overdid it after the marathon, then ended up with poison ivy. I'm finally getting back to normal and then I caught whatever my kids had last week...oh the joys of being a parent. I've had a fever for 2 days and a seriously sore swollen throat. I can handle the sore throat it's the fever that turns me into a big baby.

A while ago I happened upon a link via a fellow blogger's site and I was introduced to this no-nonsense trainer Nia Shanks. This woman is certainly someone to look up to. She can deadlift 315 lbs! She recently released her new training program "Become a Beautiful Badass" she had me at the title. So, I thought about it, talked it over with my husband and decided not to purchase the program...and then I decided you know what? What do I have to lose? It really is common sense and simple. To find out more sign up for the Beautiful Badass Mini Course.

I'm committing to following these simple guidelines over the next 12 weeks (to start). I'll keep you posted on the results. I'm excited about focusing on strength and improving performance instead of weight loss. I will follow her simple nutrition guidelines as well.

Instead of waiting for some perfect day to start (remember I'm still feverish) I didn't want to wait. I started today. Here is today's workout:

Deadlift: 5 sets of 55 lbs x 6 reps

Chin-ups: 5 sets of 6 reps
NOTE: So, at 233 lbs chin-ups aren't happening right now, so I did my best. I used my weight bench and barbell to pull my torso up off the bench. I made sure to use my arms to pull myself up and even at that it was not easy. At some point I hope to get a power rack and resistance bands. For now I'm doing my best with what I've got.

Standing Overhead Press: 5 sets of 40 lbs x 6 reps

Plank: 3 x 15-20 seconds
NOTE: I surprised myself with this one, I held on longer than I thought I could.

Tomorrow I'm off to find a hill and run some hill sprints. September 13th will be my 12 weeks. I can't wait to see how strong I am then!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe