Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another Great Workout

push upsImage by sun dazed via Flickr
I woke up in a good mood this morning, but as life happens...my coffee maker went kaput and I discovered my expensive headphones have been torn in two. Thankfully my father in law had an extra coffee maker, so that's been replaced. My husband helped me get to the bottom of how my headphones broke - it was an accident, so all is forgiven.

I'm still eating at the table and surprising myself with how little I'm eating. I waited too long to start supper so I was extremely hungry by the time I sat down. I didn't put as much on my plate as I normally do but by the time I finished I was stuffed! Even my husband is surprised at how little I've been eating.

I had such a great workout today. The sweat was just pouring off of me! Here's today's stats:

Barbell Reverse Lunge: 5 sets of 40lbs x 6 reps per leg
NOTE: I have to say a part of me hates exercises where I have to split it per leg. It just feels like more work, haha. I must say other than a few balance issues I was quite please with my performance.

Push-up: 5 sets of 6 reps
I did the girly kind. I tried a regular push-up but just couldn't do it. At least I'm not still doing wall push-ups.

Inverted Row: Goal was 5 sets of 6 reps. I managed 4 sets of 6 and one set of 3.
NOTE: I just about killed myself with these inverted rows. It took me a while but I finally found a way to do them with the equipment I have and then it took a while to figure out how I was going to pull my 230 lbs up. I managed to pull my body off the bench by about an inch. Hey it's a start.

Side Plank: 3 times to a count of 10
NOTE: I can feel my whole body shaking when I do these, but I was surprised that I could do them at all.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe