Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Little Things

my son gives me strengthImage by horizontal.integration via FlickrHello my dear blog readers. It's been a long time. I've been busy living life! Isn't that an amazing idea? To live life?

Well, it's been a long hard road but I feel as though I've come so far in this past year. That I've grown so much. I don't know how to explain it other than I feel like I got my groove back, but it's more than that. It's as though I never had a groove and I'm just getting it for the first time. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

It's the little things.

Things like buying a pair of heels that are actually stylish. Or how I love Starbucks so much the locals know me by name. Or how I love driving and my husband makes fun of me for feeling the Gs. For the record I don't speed I just accelerate quickly. =)

I'm trying new things like drawing and painting with water colors. I'm thinking I may eventually even take a class. I've really started  to enjoy biking. Rather I've rediscovered my love of biking. I bought a speedometer and found that I have a competitive streak. I love knowing how fast I'm going and beating my previous speeds even if it's only for a few seconds.

I've lost 6 lbs since August 7th. I found a new application for my HTC Magic. It's amazing. My Fitness Pal (MFP) is so much easier to use than the Fat Secret application I attempted to use previously. Don't get me wrong Fat Secret is great, but it just wasn't right for me. It works so well that I've consistently been tracking calories for 15 days. Don’t get me wrong just because I've been tracking doesn’t necessarily mean I've stayed within my calories for the day, but I'm on my way. Sometimes it's all about the right tools that work for you where you are in your life now. 

It's the little things.

Like I binged the other day but I only ate half the container of Haagen Dazs Rocky Road and I've always finished it before. I know it's not a huge step but it is a step in the right direction.

I met with a friend of mine last week. Heather and I haven't physically seen each other in 6 years. We went to high school and both moved the summer after grade 10. We've kept in touch over the years. 

We spent 3 hours in a coffee shop talking as though we'd never spent time apart. It's amazing how some friendships are like that. That’s the mark of a true friendship.

Well, at the end of our visit she mentioned how much I've changed over the years. How I'm so much more confident in my own skin than I ever was before. Amazing how one comment can open your eyes to see those changes. Obviously, I'm not perfect and I have a lot of growing to do in other ways, but it's amazing to just BE ME!

Wow! It's amazing how writing a blag can bring on revelations about oneself. I was just reminded of my trip  in February to Circle Square Ranch for a Christian women's retreat. When I was had prayed for God to give me 2 words. Well I got a phrase… Be Still and Wait Patiently. Here's an exerpt from my blog about the retreat:
Two Words
When Heidi started the first session she talked about her two words from God. Each year almost like a New Years Resolution, she prays for God to give her two words. Sometimes its a word or two and other times it may be a phrase or bible passage. I prayed for two words for my weekend and in the stillness of the morning I found the words: Be Still and Wait Patiently. This is not something I do well. I find it difficult to sit quietly. When I read those words from Psalm 37 I knew it was a message God wanted me to hear.
While I knew the phrase struck a chord with me, I wasn't entirely sure why. Is this what I've been waiting for? To be still and wait patiently to be me? To be able to just BE in my own skin?
It's the little things.

Hi! I'm Elle! It's nice to meet me! For the first time in my life I am truly happy to be me.
It's the little things... 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this and seeing what God's doing in your precious life! Hang in there - if He gave you the words...He'll give you what it takes. What an exciting journey you're on! You go girl....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe