Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 2

Welcome to week 2 of being on Meridia. I meant to write sooner, but had a lack of new things to talk about and then well didn't have the time.

Sunday was officially 1 week since I started Meridia and first weighed myself. Well, I weighed myself and my current weight is NOW: 239.4. That's right! I am down 2 lbs!

Over the last year I have bounced up and down from 239 to 250 and in no particular order. So at this point anything below 239 feels like I've really lost weight instead of the same 10 lbs over and over. This is real progress.

After Joey was born until I was pregnant with Riley I maintained 235 lbs. So that was about 2 years. Real progress will begin once I'm below 235 lbs.

Now, having said all that I know losing 10 lbs is nothing to scoff at. I know that after being 235+ lbs for the past 4.5 years I will really start to accept that I am finally on my weigh to my weight loss goals.

Sunday is quickly approaching and I'm excited and nervous about the CIBC Run for the Cure. I'm trying to look at this as a beginning not a failure. I originally signed up for the run to be a goal for when I've lost some weight and to be able to actually run most if not all of the 5 km. Well, as life happens I'm nowhere near that fitness goal. Now it's time to change my thinking and look at this as a fresh start so next year I can run the 5 km!

As of today I am only $35 shy of my donation goal! I've had a lot of help in changing some of the ways I look at life. Many of you know I've asked for donations for the run. I've had so many surprises with the people who've so generously sponsored me. When I asked for donations I expected $5-$10 and figured if I got enough people then it would add up. Instead I've been blessed with sponsors who've donated $20-$100 in one shot. I even had a donation from a guy I work with who I haven't really gotten to know! This all amazes me and really helps me put things in perspective. The whole point of this run is to Cure Breast Cancer! There will be many women there who've beaten cancer or lost someone they love to cancer. This is the point! Not how well I can run or not or how fit I am. So, I want to say a big thank you to the people who've sponsored me and for the people who support me emotionally and spiritually.

Thank you all and God Bless!!

eLLe
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe