Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Get Your Kids Involved (Chapter Three)

How can you get your kids involved in what you’re working on? How can they experience what your job is like and contribute to it? For me, that meant allowing my kids to come with me on research trips or to meet people I was interviewing. Write a blog post about different ways you can involve your kids in your job, then stop by others’ blogs to see if you can use their ideas with this task!

This is a really tough one. I currently work outside the home so when I get home I love the greeting I receive from my kids, but I also crave some alone time. I have often blogged about funny or frustrating moments with the kids. So, they've definitely helped in the topic department.
Dreams don’t happen if they stay dreams; you have to do something about them.


I think the best way to get my kids involved is for them to see me actively pursuing my dreams. And instead of telling them to go to another room because I'm busy I'm going to start explaining what it is I'm working on. They may not fully understand right now, but one day they will and just maybe they'll be successful in making their dreams come true!

This post is part of the Balanced challenge with Tricia Goyer—and you can join, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe