Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, March 3, 2014

Accidentally Awesome (Writing Challenge - Day 3)

"Oops, I'm awesome!" - Joey (almost 9)
These days I seriously hate Mondays. It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning. The fact that it's winter and minus a million doesn't help motivate me to get out of bed either. And then there's this place I go to and I'm not happy there. I won't go into details because I don't want to be disrespectful.

There's this other thing I'm working on that helps me get through my day. It's something I feel called to and I pray that my idea is along the same path God has for me. I would love to blab about it in detail but this is something I think I need to keep close to the vest. If it works out I'll shout it from the mountains.

So, after a long and very busy day today I am just plain weary. If I could sleep all day and night I think I would. Well, God bless children! They say the darndest things. After dinner my middle child gets up from the table and he says, "Oops, I'm awesome!" And I just find that statement both hilarious and somewhat profound. The more I repeat it in my head the more I love the idea. It's like "I didn't mean to, it just happened by accident."

Accidentally awesome.

So, I think I need to take a page from my son's playbook and become accidentally awesome! Maybe I'll start a revolution of becoming accidentally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe