Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sleep? What's that?

It's too early, but I'm a mom so there's not a lot of wiggle room for sleeping in. Actually, there's just no sleeping in period. If you hadn't already guessed, I've started my first week of the evening shift, 4-midnight. Tuesday night I'd stayed up until just past midnight in an effort to try and get on schedule. Of course, Riley woke me up just after 6 am. Even with the lack of sleep I managed to complete my shift without getting too drowsy. 

We had to clean out a room of a resident who is no longer living in the house. It was a disaster but not the worst they've ever seen there. I had the opportunity to work with another member of the staff. It's been great getting to know all the different staff members. We were quite steady for a while and things calmed down a bit which gave me the opportunity to talk with a couple of the women. 

When I first took my course, the thought of counseling people scared me. I mean I knew it was what I wanted to do, but trying to do it correctly became my worry. Standing in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil and having a conversation with a woman is just as much counseling as sitting in a room across from a client. 

I'm off to finish getting the kids ready for school and then I'm going back to bed. Here's hoping I can go back to sleep. If I don't nap I'll never make it through the night. 

Have a great day!!

Can't get enough of Being eLLe?
Connect with Being eLLe on Twitter  and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe