Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On the Other Side

The Pump Triple BreakImage by DeusXFlorida via Flickr
Good Morning Friends! I just want to take a moment and say thank you. Thank you for sticking by me and my many attempts to get it right in this life. In truth aren't we all just trying to get it right and to better ourselves?

Well, Seasonal Depression made me it's ***** but I'm fighting back and I think I'm winning. I'm still having some great days and some really low days but I'm on the other side and on the way out. I can't wait for the snow to be gone so I can really get moving outside. I want to invest in some outdoor running shoes so I can head outside as soon as possible. 

I've discovered that I CAN jog! I've been jogging just around my basement off and on and I've discovered that the real reason I thought I couldn't jog is all in my head. I've been too self-conscious trying to jog in public whether outside or at a gym. So, now that I've done it at home and KNOW what the problem is I'm going to get over myself and just go out jogging! Today I jogged for 26 minutes just back and forth in my basement I didn't have to stop at all and only paused to drink water a couple of times. I'm just so excited to know that I CAN JOG! 

I've started tracking calories again with MyFitnessPal.com. I've been doing really well and I've enlisted the help of my husband who doles out my favorite chocolates. I decided since I can't control myself but also don't want to completely deny myself to ask for his help. I have to tell you it's working quite well so far. 

Stay strong my friends spring is just around the corner and life gets easier.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, if I can jog, you can jog!! No question ;) It's funny how we talk ourselves into not doing something when we are fully capable of doing it! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true Tiana and exercise more often than not is mind over matter!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe