Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's a hair salon not the Ritz

39/365: New Hair Cut!Image by JennaPrete via Flickr
Do you know what annoys me? Hair salons that make you feel like you're not good enough for their salon. This afternoon I decided I'm going to grow out my hair. I've had short hair for a number of years now, so it's time to grow it out. I wanted a style that works with longer hair. So, I had supper and then went out to get my hair cut. 

I went to 3 salons before I found one that had an appointment available for walk-in tonight. The first three looked nice and seemed friendly enough, but they were all booked up for the evening. They all made me feel like I shouldn't be in their shop. I can't say there was anything specific in how they treated me...it's more of a feeling you get when you walk in. It's a hair salon not the Ritz

I am a mom. 

I am a woman.

I do not have time to make an appointment.

I do not FEEL like dressing up to get my hair cut.

I repeat...I am a mom.

So, the last place I went should have been the first. My girlfriend recommended Le Look a while ago, but for whatever reason I drove all over the place before I ended up there. I was welcomed right away with a genuine smile and only had to wait 20 minutes. I grabbed an iced mocha from Starbucks and got back just in time. I had the best shampoo of my life! She massaged my head and I could just feel the stress lift right off my shoulders. The woman who cut my hair was super friendly and really funny! The best part of course was that it only cost me $31. 


I feel 100 times better. It's amazing that a little thing like getting your hair cut can really make you feel beautiful. I'll post a picture tomorrow. 

Can't get enough of Being eLLe?

Connect with Being eLLe on Twitter at , Facebook and Google+.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe