Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Long Overdue Update

Okay, so obviously I'm a "little" behind in blogging but I'm here now and I have so much to tell you. As of midnight July 9th (technically the 10th) I am finished my student placement at the JF Norwood House. In fact, as of July 11 when I turned in my final evaluation I am officially done school! 

Can you believe a year ago I didn't even know if I would get into the program? And now here I am completely done. If my calculations are correct my overall average for school was 87%!!!!! I'd originally hoped for in the 90's but quickly realized that wasn't very realistic with 3 kids running around my house. After that my goal was to keep it around 85% and as you can see I beat that! I have to say I'm proud of myself! I guess that inner voice of negativity was wrong all along. I'm not really stupid at all, in fact, I think I may even be SMART! 

So, I finished placement Monday and left Wednesday afternoon to attend a GEMS Girls' Clubs Leadership Conference at Wheaton College in Illinois. It was truly amazing. There were over 640 women in attendance. I'm forever changed from the experience. I spent time with some of the most amazing women I've ever had the privilege of meeting. 

Myself and Kristen - I just love this picture! 


I arrived back home Monday in the wee hours of the morning and I've been catching up on sleep since. Today's the first day I haven't spent most of my time on the couch. When I think about it I've pretty much been going straight since September when I started school. Now I'm continuing my job search. 

Starting Monday I'm going to step it up a notch. It's not going to be easy, but I think getting up and getting ready as though I was going to work will make a great difference in my day. I'm sending as many resumes to as many places as I can think of. It's a lot more time consuming now that I actually adjust my resume and cover letter to each company I apply to. I'm sure the time I'm putting into them will be well worth my while. I'm a little concerned I will be overlooked because I don't have a lot of related experience. I wish there was some way of conveying who I really am in my resume. I'll just pray for interviews so people can see for themselves how truly awesome I am :-) 

Hey, if I can't toot my own horn who else will?

I'm off to go about my day. I'm going for coffee with my amazing sister-in-law and mum-in-law. On that note, just a shout out to say 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN!

Can't get enough of Being eLLe?
Connect with Being eLLe on Twitter  and Facebook.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe