Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Off to a Good Start

Well, I managed to wake up at 5:40 this morning, which for me is early. I admit it, I've been spoiled by working from home. It's really nice to be able to roll out of bed at 6:30 or so, grab breakfast and hop onto the computer to start work for 7 am. 

Last night I made a schedule of sorts to follow throughout the day. It's more so I can plan things out better and try to set specific times for things like homework and bedtime. I'm happy to say I managed to get a few things done this morning. I straightened up the kitchen, made breakfast and coffee, set the kids breakfast up and read my bible.

This morning I read John 15-16. I just wanted to share with you the verses that stood out for me from John 15: 
 
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.  

12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 

 17This is my command: Love each other.

19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 

I blogged last night about how I haven't been very faithful lately and that I wanted to start sharing that part of my life. I believe that's why those verses held so much meaning for me today. I've been watching TV shows and listening to music that isn't exactly good for the soul. I find myself disturbed by some of it so why am I watching or listening to it? To fit in? To follow the world? I've got to do what's right for me and what's healthy for my life. I've just been taking my sweet time to get to this point. I love to fight change and then wonder why it took me so long.

That being said I'm not quite there with the subject of tattoos. I'm sure a lot of my friends don't understand, but for me right now it's a form of expression. I think maybe that sounds cliche, but then again there's a reason things become cliche....cuz they're true. So, my latest tattoo is from a sundial I took a picture of at the Botanical Gardens. It's on my left forearm. 

On another note, I kind of took a week off exercising and tracking calories. Last Monday I injured my wrist while biking. I'm still not sure exactly what happened, but I guess I put too much pressure on the right side of my right wrist.  It still hurts today, but not nearly as much as it did  last week. So, today I am back to tracking my calories and I'm hoping the weather holds up so I can get in a bike ride this afternoon. 

I think I'm about done for now. I may post again today if i get the chance. I've been meaning to start reviewing other blogs. I guess I should pick a day of the week to do this...
 
Me: "Sonia, pick a day of the week..."
Sonia: "lol uhmmmm Friday?"

Done. So, stay tuned dear blog readers this Friday will be my first blog review. (Please be gentle.) I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyv1jUDLY3s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe