Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome Back Kotter

What's that old saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Well, for those who've followed my blogs, this is very true of me. I've got the best of intentions, but not so much with the follow through.

It's taken a while, but part of the problem is trying to find the best time to work out. I got used to going in the mornings before work, but now I'm working 7 am - 3 pm. I tried working out at home, but this just doesn't work for me either.

So, I joined the gym at Walter Baker. It's a 5 minute walk from my place and I think I finally found a time that works for me. The plan is to go at night after the kids are in bed, about 8:30. That way I don't have to feel guilty about leaving Ben with the kids.

My first night I started off slowly. I only worked out for 20 minutes. I'm going to keep track of my improvements. The first I'd like to watch is how long it takes to walk/run a mile. I'd eventually like to run the whole mile.

1 mile: 17: 28
Total: 20 minutes/1.1 mile/98.4 cal

You may wonder what sparked it this time. As usual, it's a bunch of things. The biggest reason is my weight. I'm currently at the highest I've ever been and not been pregnant. Another reason is that I've been asked to be maid of honor in my friend's wedding in June.

WARNING - femail content below
Another really big reason for this is that I've noticed with the lack of exercise my periods have gotten worse again. My hormones are even more out of control then ever before. My periods are heavier and more painful. In short I'm a big angry ball of rage which is affecting my home life. I've also been depressed and tired. When I think back, working out kept a lot of that at bay. I'd rather pay $40/month then hundreds of dollars for anti-depressants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe