Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Renewed Love Affair

My mom recently reminded me that I used to love the rain. Anytime it would rain heavy in the summer I would go outside and just turn my face to the torrential downpour. I remember running in the rain and jumping in puddles. Somewhere along the way I'd forgotten this pure joy.

Yesterday, it rained most of the day. I still didn't think much of it, but I worked all day. I don't have a window so I don't really get to see the weather much. But last night I could hear the rain coming down hard and I went outside. I stood on my front step, turned my face up to the sky and smiled. My daughter thought it was quite funny to see her momma outside getting soaked. I remember the pure bliss of being in a nice warm rain. I remember why I've never owned an umbrella.



Posted via BlogPost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe