Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Highs and Lows of Looking for Work

Borrowed from Facebook
What a great day! It's been a day full of activity. I think I've done more in one day than I have in the past two weeks. 

This morning I went to the school to see my teacher and a couple of fellow classmates. We had a good debate about the brokenness of our social services system and the different views on a two-tier system. Afterwards I went for coffee with my classmate and we had a great conversation. After being cooped up in the house with my kids for the past two weeks it's kind of nice to get out of the house and have a real conversation without children interrupting. I've got some new ideas for my job search and I'm feeling better about life in general. After going home and feeding the kids lunch I took them to our aunt's place for a visit. Sometimes I just love hearing stories from the past. We stayed for a couple of hours and went home for supper. This evening I went to my group at the Ottawa Satir Center. I always feel so welcome when I'm there and I always leave feeling renewed and refreshed. It feels good to have a fresh outlook on life. 

Looking for a job can be very stressful and depressing at times. It's hard not to take rejection so personally. Believe me I get it. This is not an easy process for anyone and I need to remember I'm not alone. Above all right now I need to remember that I've just finished working my tail off for the past 10 months. These were months filled with hard work, sweat, tears, and very little sleep. It's no wonder I've been sleeping a lot the last couple of weeks - my body is playing catch-up. So, I'm quite happy that today I feel more like myself again. I'm sure there will come a time when I hit another low point and that's ok it's normal and I am not alone. 

Are you looking for work? Do you feel down and out? I'd love to hear from you. 

Can't get enough of Being eLLe?
Connect with Being eLLe on Twitter  and Facebook.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe