Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Healthy Granola Bar Fail

Happy Hump Day! Yep, it's Wednesday and the week is half over. Since, I'm currently looking for work I decided now would be a good time to focus on healthy eating. I made my first batch of granola bars. As with most things I make I detoured from the recipe and made it my own. 

Homemade Fruit & Pecan Granola Bars
Upon trying them for the first time I realize these are not so healthy...they are way too sweet and coming from me that IS really sweet. Since one of my goals is to try and cut down on sugar these definitely do not help achieve that goal. Lesson learned. If a granola recipe calls for a cup of brown sugar just don't do it! 

Can't get enough of Being eLLe?
Connect with Being eLLe on Twitter  and Facebook.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe