Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to bEiNg eLLe 2010!

With the new year brings the dreaded New Years Resolutions. We all do it, we all see the new year as a beginning whether we see it as good or bad. Some make a detailed list with goals, sometimes it's just an idea in our heads that this year will be better. Well, in keeping with tradition my resolution is to ...ahem... lose weight, among other things.

Yeah, I know. No surprise there. You're probably all sick of hearing the same tired excuses over and over again. I know I'm tired of saying them. Really at this point the only thing I really have to say is that I do not want keep gaining weight and one day be at 300 lbs. I cannot gain more weight then I already have.

So...my goal is to lose 100 pounds. To achieve this I have to write everything down. I DESPISE keeping track of my food. Mostly I hate having to measure and keep track at all. Having said that I KNOW there's really no option here. If I truly want to lose weight I've GOT to manage my eating. And we all know what I've done up to this point has NOT worked! All of this I emphasize mostly because I need to remind myself of what is important. Taking a few more minutes to keep track of food or gaining more weight.

Goal:
To lose 100 lbs

Current weight: 250 lbs

I took my progress pictures. I'm not sure I want to post them just yet, but I read a blog today that inspired me. Check out Angel's Blog, she may inspire you too! If she can post her video, I can post my before pictures. I won't post them directly in my blog, but if you would like to see them please click here.

I have a routine that I'm going to follow. However, I'd forgotten about GEMS on Wednesday's so I'll have to rework my schedule for next week. For now this week's plan is:

Monday - Chest, Triceps, Abs

Tuesday - Cardio

Wednesday - Cardio

Thursday - Back, Biceps, Calves

Friday - Cardio

Saturday - Legs, Shoulders, Abs

Sunday - Cardio


Last night was the first time I've done a real workout in a very long time. The gym can be a very intimidating place at first. The cardio equipment is easy, but I find the weight area very scary. I'm afraid everyone is watching me and making fun of the fat girl. Until I get used to it I have to constantly remind myself that I have every right to be there. More so in ways since I have a long way to go to get into shape. The people that intimidate me already look good. It's totally a mental block that I have to overcome, but last night was the first step in doing that. Here is last night's workout:

Cardio

Elliptical: 20 minutes / 342.2 calories

Chest

Incline DB Press:
1 warm-up set 5 lbs 12 reps
3 sets 7.5 lbs 15 reps

Incline DB Flyes:
1 warm-up set 5 lbs 12 reps
3 sets 5 lbs 15 reps

Triceps

Tricep DB Curls:
1 warm-up set 7.5 lbs 12 reps
3 sets 7.5 lbs 15 reps

Tricep DB Kickbacks:
2 sets 7.5 lbs 15 reps

Abdominals

Crunches: 60
Reverse Crunch: 15


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe