Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, August 3, 2012

Keeping Your Focus

Image courtesy of Flickr
I have a problem.

And when you have a problem "they" say the first step is admitting you have a problem. So, here I am admitting it...

I have a problem. 

I'm a scatterbrain. 

There. I did it. I've admitted my problem. So, here's the thing I can't ever seem to just stick with one task. I sit down with a purpose and within a couple of minutes (or maybe 30 seconds) I've completely moved on to something else and then another thing and another. 

Tonight I sat down to transcribe my notes that I've been trying to type out since July 16th. Well, I decided I would start typing out notes regarding my placement first and then answered a few Twitter messages and played around on Facebook. Went back to writing about my placement then had a bite to eat. Replied to Twitter again, yelled at the boys to settle down. Decided to do a blog post then back to Twitter. Then when I finished my post I had to spam it to all my peeps. And now here I am writing another blog post (apparently I have a lot to say today) and still going between Facebook and Twitter...by the way I have two pages my personal page and my Being eLLe page so of course I have to keep an eye on both! 

Now what was the point I was trying to make? Oh yes, I'm a scatterbrain and I don't know what to do with myself. There are so many things that I "want" to do that I end up not being productive AT ALL!!

Let's see if I can't find some ways to find my focus? 

1. Make a list. 
Yep. I love to make lists. Then those lists get lost in my pule of lists and I forget what I made a list for. 

2. Set a timer for 15 minutes and stay on task until your time is up.
Okay, maybe I should work UP to 15 minutes. Maybe start with 5 minute intervals. I'll give this a try and let you know how it goes. Right after I play with my phone and set up a timer...okay starting....now....nope...now.

3. I hadn't really thought this out...Oh wait I know how about you all give me ways YOU stay on task and I'll put them to the test! You can let me know your suggestions either by commenting or on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Being-eLLe/184887551533484

I look forward to hearing your suggestions! 

Can't get enough of Being eLLe?
Connect with Being eLLe on Twitter  and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe