Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, July 23, 2010

Working Out...Again

Hello Peeps! We bought a weight bench AND  I'm actually enjoying using it! I found a 12 week workout for women from BodyBuilding.com called The Female Training Bible. There is a lot of information to go through and somewhere in the middle is the 12 week training guide. I absolutely love the Body Building site because it has everything. You can look up exercises and find other exercises that work the same muscle group. I especially find this useful since there were some exercises I'm not able to do yet. Like pull-ups and dips. My muscles are definitely not ready to hold up or pull up 243.6 lbs!

So far I prefer the leg workouts but that`s because I have more muscle in my legs and find it easier. I`m excited to see how my muscles are going to form. 

Alright let me break down the 12 weeks a bit for ya`ll. In general I`ll be working out 4 days a week. Cardio in the morning, weight training at night. The 12 week program is separated into 3 sections:
Weeks 1-4: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Weeks 5-8: weight increase and 3 sets of 6-8 reps 
Weeks 9-12: weight increase and 3 sets for 4-6 reps

Each week will break down something like this:
Monday: cardio a.m. upper body weight training p.m. 
Tuesday: cardio a.m. lower body weight training p.m.
Wednesday: Off 
Thursday: cardio a.m. upper body weight training p.m.  
Friday: cardio a.m. lower body weight training p.m.  
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off

Now my week will change depending on what days I am working in the office. Usually, I work from home 4 days a week. I`ll be figuring out my next week`s schedule when I get my work schedule Friday`s. Regardless, I will be working out 4 days a week.

Here is today's workout:

Friday: Upper Body (Weeks 1-4)
DAY:
3
DATE:
July 23, 2010
TIME:
 11:30 am
CARDIO TODAY?
YES
EXERCISE
The Barefoot Dancer
DURATION
20 minutes
LENGTH OF WORKOUT:
40 minutes
WEIGHT:
65 lbs
LOCATION:
Home
MOOD WHEN STARTING:
Optimistic




 
EXERCISE
Set #1
Set #2
Set #3
Reverse Triceps Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
15x12
15x12
15x12
Bent Arm Barbell Pull Over: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
15x12
15x12
15x12
Side Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
5x12
5x12
5x12
Incline Barbell Triceps Ext: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
15x12
15x12
15x12
Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
15x12
15x12
15x12

TRAINING, NUTRITION & SUPPLEMENT NOTES:
Had a migraine last night that left me exhausted this morning. I didn't do my cardio, but at 11:30 I found I had the energy to work out and followed a TV workout The Barefoot Dancer.
I didn’t work as hard as I could have but I was trying to get used to the selected exercises. I'm sure the next workout will be better.

NOTE - I realized that I haven't had any cookies in a few days. I have had mocha's from Starbucks but usually I have several cookies a day. Now that I've realized it I notice I'm not craving them either. I really hope to continue with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe