Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Three Days In

Today marks Day 3 of taking Meridia. I have noticed a huge difference in the amount I am eating, both in meals and in snacking.

Now, I'm not sure if Meridia works immediately or if it takes a few days to get into my system. Maybe it's all psychological that I feel full so quickly, but if it is I don't care and I don't want to know. Whatever works!

I know the weight loss will take a lot longer and I'm not trying to delude myself that the weight will fall off with no effort. Right now I'm just aiming for baby steps.

I'm quite shocked at the amount of food I was consuming. I know I'm fat and I knew I ate a lot
but it wasn't until i felt myself full before the end of a bowl of food that i realized truly how much I've been over eating

I can't say that I haven't had any junk food but I can say it isn't nearly as much as it would be prior to the medication. It's only 3 days in and I still have the urge to snack. I find that I don't want as much to eat or nearly as often. I'm slowly starting to incorporate more fruit and veg which is hard to do after so many years of junk food. It's not even that I don't like fruit and veggies, it's just bad habits. Speaking of bad habits, I still haven't managed to get off my duff to exercise, not even a short walk. I know once I start exercising it will get easier and I'll enjoy it.

I mentioned previously some of the reasons I decided to go to the doctor about Meridia. There's another reason, well technically there are lots of reasons, but one in particular I want to share. A friend of mine recently gave us some furniture. We're so lucky that she thinks of us. She gave us a new kitchen table one of those round wooden ones with the wooden chairs.

When I went to put the chairs around the table I noticed a label under the seat that says not to exceed 250 lbs. I'm pretty close to that in weight and I find it highly embarrassing that I feel like I cannot sit in these chairs.

I've also go my Run for a Cure on October 4th. It was supposed to be my goal, to run the 5 km. At this point I know that is not possible and I will be walking it. It just goes to show that a year can really fly by and nothing much has changed. I am still excited about doing this run and am now looking at it as a starting point. If it's possible I would greatly appreciate any donations. My goal is $300 I'm almost half way there. If you would like to donate you can do so here.

My weight holds me back from a lot of happiness in life. It's time for a change. That time is now. Thank you for your continued support over and over.

eLLe
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to post comments.

eLLe